The Costume Design and Technology students in the Theatre department have been working hard in a special-topics cour
- Ashley Bastida
- Job Title
- Coordinator of Bands & Recruiting
- Job Duties
- All clerical tasks for large ensemble, travel, and recruiting for the School of Music.
- What do people think you do?
- Be the messenger for purchasing rules…and give Angelle Hall key access to the building. And, as one person told me, "a whole lot of everything, that we have no idea about!"
- What do you actually do?
- Process scholarships, setup auditions, coordinate logistics for travel (hotels, meals, buses, etc.), setup move-in times for dorms, close out Chrome River expenses, supervise student workers, format programs, process overrides, and help my colleagues in any and every way that I can.
- How long have you worked for the University?, for the College of the Arts?
- 7 years as of June 15th! I've always worked for College of the Arts.
- What is your favorite part of your job?
- The people I work with. It's such a diverse, fun, and sometimes intense environment. The growth, progress, and collaboration on all parts is truly something special to witness and I'm honored be a part of it.
- What is your favorite time of the day or week?
- My favorite time of day is when my family gets home and is settled. I don't have a favorite day; I try to find something positive during each one.
- What do you think is your most important contribution to your area or the college?
- I have been through much of the program as a student, so I can empathize from a student perspective. I am the type of person who is not above admitting when "I don't know". However, with students or faculty, I will (try to) work quickly to find the answer and "get back to you".
- What do you want the rest of the college to know about you?
- I graduated from UL twice: I have an undergraduate degree in Psychology with a minor in Music. I also have a Master's Degree in Counselor Education.
- What do you think that your co-workers would be surprised to learn about you?
- Hm. Not sure…
- What is your favorite pastime or hobby?
- Dancing (particularly Latin or Cajun) and reading (when I have time…).
- Anything else you want to add to let us know you better?
- My family is my everything. ❤️
Ashley Bastida and family