The group is open to all UL Lafayette students by audition.
Winds & Brass
We have two options for auditions:
1. Follow the same procedures as other auditions.
One audition can serve as your audition for multiple ensembles. Just add one of the following:
- a head
- or play-along
- or jazz, blues, or standard etude
- improvisation are optional.
- Scores for the jazz section of the audition will be graded separately from your overall audition.
2. Book a second separate jazz audition to feature jazz skills.
- a prepared jazz work,
- + optional improvisation & jazz scales
- you may provide your own backing track, not required
Rhythmic sections will be heard during the first week of classes in August.
Check our News Updates for upcoming announcements.
Rehearsals & Class
Members meet during the fall from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday. During the spring, the time changes to Tuesday from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. and Friday from 2 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Course credit is available.